Thursday 17 July 2014

Wolds Dash / Dalby Forest

The last few weeks have all been a bit of a blur with my big race of the year out the way I made a mistake of not having a plan after the race. I took a bit of time off from training to recover and reflect on what I have achieved and relaxed my diet to enjoy the foods I have missed over the last few months, now with next years goals in the forefront of my mind its time to get my head around a training plan to take me to my fastest I have been.

Its not as straight forward as it has been previously though, In the past I've not had to worry about funding for a event but now having to travel to Geneva I can't help but think how am i going to get myself and all my kit there?, my plans for the next few months are to hopefully get a few sponsors together to help me forfil my dream of racing against triathletes from across the globe.

Locally I raced in one of the wolds dash running events held at Hubbard hills through the summer. I hadn't planned to race in the event as I wasn't aware it was on! this gave me very little time to plot a race strategy together or even consider if I was fit enough to do it !. I set off well and settled into a rhythm, I ended up leading the pack out for the first 200 m before being joined and passed by two faster runners, I followed the first two runners for around 2 miles before they picked up the pace and I realized I wouldn't be able to keep there pace for the entire 12 km, I felt good and strong but by mile 4 I started to feel the effects of racing and was passed by a 3rd athlete. this is the position I would stay in for the entire race finishing strongly against a field of athletes who's' main sport is running. I couldn't help but think to myself if I am to do well next year I need to be beating these competitors but with time I don't think that is a unreasonable ask.

On a more social side I dug the mountain bike out for a blast around Dalby forest trail center in the Yorkshire moors . As usual when I end up at Dalby it rained heavily, this didn't dampen spirits though and we all had a good day with no broken bones or broken bikes!,I even managed to get a wash In a sink :) . with the race at Hubbard hills at the 26 miles at Dalby they were what I needed to realize Its time to start training properly again after my mid season break, with the Nottingham club sprint relays approaching in just over a months time and a very real chance of high team placement I need to start working on my speed work as in any relay I don't just have myself to think of, I have an entire team and I don't want to let any body down!

No comments:

Post a Comment